What to bring when you’re told not to bring a thing
- Chocolate-covered strawberries. These are the perfect treat to bring along to a brunch gathering as they’re light, fruity and a bit of an indulgent sign-off without being heavy like rich cake.
- Olive oil.
- Hand wash or lotion.
- Rocky Boulevard.
- Home-made granola and coffee.
What can I bring to a party besides food?
You don’t have to match the price of the gift to the bill, but consider bringing something you might bring to a home dinner party.
- Bouquet of flowers in a vase.
- Boxed candies.
- Potted plant.
- Bottles of wine.
- Tin of cookies.
- Decorator candles.
- Guest soaps.
- Flavored vinegars.
When should you not bring a hostess gift?
3. Don’t unwrap the gift. Unlike most other gifts, hostess gifts are NOT opened in front of the giver, so that people who didn’t know to bring a gift don’t feel awkward. The hostess should set the gift aside in an inconspicuous spot or a different room and open it after the party.
What do you bring to someone’s house for Thanksgiving?
5 Thoughtful Gifts to Bring Your Thanksgiving Dinner Host
- #1 An appetizer, side dish, or dessert. If you were invited to a potluck, you’ll probably be bringing one of these things anyway.
- #2 Wine, whiskey, champagne, cider, or [insert your favorite drink].
- #3 Flowers or centerpieces.
- #4 An edible treat for the next morning.
- #5 A small gift for the avid cook.