What baby things do I need to buy before I give birth?
- Infant car seat — and make sure you’ve practiced installing it!
- Extra electric outlet covers.
- Crib, bassinet, or co-sleeper.
- Storage area for clothes and diapers.
- Place to change the baby (changing table, padded foam form that attaches to any bureau top, changing pad if you plan to use the floor or bed).
How do I prepare financially for my baby?
Are you financially prepared for a baby?
- Review your health insurance. You’ll need to add your new addition to your health insurance policy, so take the time to review your policy now, while everything is relatively calm.
- Register early.
- Set up a baby account.
- Create a (new) budget.
- Start a 529 account.
- Purchase life insurance and create a will.
How do I prepare for my newborn baby?
Top Preparation Tips: Bringing Your Newborn Baby Home
- 1.Select your healthcare provider. You can call and make an appointment while you are still pregnant.
- Prepare some meals.
- Think about family and friend visits.
- Catch up on home chores and laundry.
- Choose going home outfits.