What do you need to do when moving?
The Ultimate Checklist for What To Do After You Move
- Get your utilities up and running.
- Unpack the essentials.
- Locate the fuse box, propane and/or oil shutoff, and the main water supply shut off.
- Install a home security system.
- Update your address.
- Get a new license and register your car.
- Update voter registration.
What do do when you move?
21 Things To Do After Moving Into A New House
- Inspect Delivered Boxes. Inspect the moving boxes as they are carried inside your new home.
- Get Your Utilities Up And Running.
- Unpack Essentials.
- Get Organized.
- Inspect Your House Thoroughly.
- Locate Fuse Box And Main Water Valve.
- Secure Your New Home.
- Childproof Your New Home.
What do I need to do when moving to a new state?
Take a look at the top 8 essential things to do after moving into a new home in another state.
- Find A New Job.
- Find A New Family Physician.
- Find A New School For Your Child.
- Register Your Car And Transfer Your Driver’s License.
- Furnish And Decorate Your New Home.
- Say Hi To Your New Neighbors.
- Keep In Touch With Your Old Pals.
What should I do when I move to a new area?
14 Things You Should Do When You Move to a New Town
- Change Your Address With the Post Office.
- Visit the DMV If You Move Out of State.
- Stop by the Town Hall for Local Service Schedules and Policies.
- Introduce Yourself to Your New Neighbors.
- Explore the Area on Foot or by Bike.
- Pop Into the Visitors’ Center for Info on the Town’s Highlights.