- Hug your grandparents when you’re saying hi or goodbye.
- Tell them you love them.
- Say please when you ask for something.
- Say thank you whenever they give you something or do something for you, even if you didn’t ask.
- Offer to get them something to drink or eat.
- Offer to do a chore for them so they can relax.
How do you appreciate your grandmother?
- Write her letters. Whether you’re miles away at college like me, or live down the street from her, I will assure you she will love some surprise snail mail!
- Listen to her stories.
- Take a spontaneous trip.
- DIY Gift.
- Share your talents together.
- Give her your undivided attention.
- Say thank you.
How do you spend time with your grandparents?
- Call them. Pick up the phone and call them.
- Get to know them. This sounds like a ‘duh’ question, like you already know who they are.
- Visit them.
- Hang out with your grandparents.
- Listen to their life stories.
- Love them with all of your heart.
What should I do with my grandma?
15 fun activities for any child to do with their grandparents:
- Play cards.
- Solve crosswords, puzzles or riddles.
- Interview each other!
- Draw a family tree, and discuss its branches.
- Share old photos and talk about the stories behind them.
- Go on a walk.
- Have a tea party.
- Take turns reading a book.
How can I make my grandparents happy?
Plan what you will do with your grandparent.
- Cook or bake together.
- Sit and talk about life and memories.
- Read a book together.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood or in a park.
- Make a craft with him/her.
- Learn a skill that he/she has, like carving wood or knitting.
- Have a picnic.
- Visit a local art gallery.