Here are some tips on how to turn down an invitation in the most polite way:
- Don’t ignore the invitation. Putting the invitation aside to deal with later isn’t good for you or the person who sent it.
- Don’t wait.
- Be thankful.
- Be honest.
- Ask for a different time.
- Don’t over-explain.
- Send something.
How do you politely decline an invitation?
How to decline an invitation in English politely
- Thank the host. Start by thanking the host for the invitation using a phrase like “Thank you so much for the invitation, I really appreciate it and it means a great deal.”
- Apologise for declining.
- Explain why you can’t attend.
- Offer another time to meet.
- Send a gift or card.
How do you respond to an invitation?
Thank you for the kind invitation to your wedding. We are looking forward to the celebration. Both Mr Johnson and myself will be accepting the invitation. Thank you very much for the invitation.
How do you decline a wedding invitation?
How to Decline a Wedding Invitation Politely
- Respond quickly. Don’t wait too long before sending the response card back.
- Place a call.
- Send a token “just because” gesture.
- Don’t procrastinate on the wedding gift.
- Ask to be included in the wedding festivities.
- Make an effort to stay in touch.
- Consider a compromise.