Having a baby is one of the biggest life changes that you’ll experience. These tips should help prepare you for parenthood and deal with new baby stress.
Preparing for a Baby Tips
- Make a plan.
- Cut yourself some slack.
- Take care of yourself while pregnant.
- Manage relationship stress.
- Use your support network.
How do you prepare for a baby?
- Understand your health insurance and anticipate costs.
- Plan for maternity/paternity leave.
- Draft your pre-baby budget.
- » Learn how to create a baby budget.
- Plan your post-delivery budget.
- Choose a pediatrician within your insurance network.
- Start or check your emergency fund.
How can I prepare my mind for Labor?
- Prepare your mind. Try not to listen to horror stories about labour as these are really unhelpful if you’re feeling nervous.
- Prepare your body. Labour often requires strength and stamina, so it’s important to prepare your body for it.
- Practise relaxation techniques.
- Think about your birth plan.
- Second time mums.
Does your mood change before labor?
“Although most women experience some nesting in late pregnancy, this may intensify in the days before the baby is born. “As hormones rise in preparation for labour, women might experience an emotional response which can manifest in tears, anger or simply feeling down,” noted Liz.