In your email, be sure to include the name of the company and the position of the recipient’s new job.
Add personal, specific details that exemplify why you believe that they will prosper in their new role.
Wish them success, and offer to support them during their career transition.
What do you write in a card for someone leaving for a new job?
Here are a few ideas for what to write in a goodbye card:
- Good luck on your journey!
- It’s been so great working with you all these years.
- So sorry to see you go.
- Thank you for everything you’ve done for me.
- Good luck in all your future endeavors.
- Best of luck with your school year.
- Congratulations on your new adventure.
How do you congratulate someone on a new position?
- Best of luck to you in your new job!
- Good luck to a good friend!
- With skills like yours, you don’t need luck — but good luck in your new job, anyway!
- Good luck in your new venture!
- I’m wishing you lots of success and happiness in your new job. Best of luck to you!
How do you start a congratulations letter?
What to Write in a Congratulations Card
- Say congratulations! Begin your card by congratulating the recipient on their hard work and achievement.
- Write how proud you are and what you’re proud of. Let the recipient know why you’re proud of them and acknowledge their exact accomplishment.
- Send well wishes.
- End with a warm closing.